Medikors Inc developed InAlyzer, a diagnostic X-ray imaging system, which uses DEXA (dual energy X-ray absorption) to analyze Bone Mineral Density and Body Composition (BMC, FAT, LEAN) of live laboratory animals with precision of 0.001g. The InAlyzer is fast (scan times from <30sec), accurate and reproducible due to the fan-beam X-ray technology. It is also fully shielded for complete safety for the researcher.
The InAlyzer will support animal models from mice through to small canines with efficient throughput. To add to the capabilities, up to five regions of interest can be set to focus results on areas like the spine or a femur.
Benefits of Using the InAlyzer DEXA Body Composition Analyser
- Get total scan results in under 5 minutes
- Scan the same animal multiple times over extended time periods to monitor real changes
- Minimise the number of animals required for each study
- Eliminates the need for animal sacrifice and saves time
- Very cost-effective
- Scans whole animal or region of interest
- Extremely safe for operators with a fully shielded enclosure and safety interlocks to prevent accidental X-ray exposure