The GeoSpec benchtop NMR is the culmination of years of collaboration between Oxford Instruments and Green Imaging technology (GIT), the world leaders in hardware and software for NMR core analysis.
Oxford Instrumebts offers 3 models of the GeoSpec benchtop NMR:
- 2MHz to reduce artefacts caused by ferromagnetic material in the samples and to mimic the operation of NMR logging tools.
- 12MHz for increased sensitivity on low porosity samples, or to decrease measurement time.
- 20MHz for the highest sensitivity measurements on small samples
There is increasing demand to analyse rock core samples under conditions that resemble reservoir conditions. For this reason Oxford Instruments offer the P5 cell upgrade for 2 and 12MHz models that allow you to take NMR measurements at pressures and temperatures up to 5000psi and 100°C.
With the improved ease of use, applications for NMR in geology are expanding. Current applications include:
- Measuring capillary pressure
- Fluid typing
- Determining pore size distribution
- Pore throat distribution and wettability
- Measuring petrophysical parameters such as total porosity, BVI, FFA, CBW & T2 cutoff
- Well log calibration