1600 MiniG – Geno Grinder / Mechanical Disruptor
The MiniG™ is a tissue homogeniser or mechanical cell disruptor and is the smallest model in the SPEX Geno/Grinder range. This mechanical disruptor is the ideal solution for laboratories wanting the power of the 2010 Geno/Grinder, but not needing the same sample throughput capacity. It can cater for one or two deep well titer plates or small sample vials (48 x 2mL or 48 x 5mL) that are vigorously shaken in a vertical motion.
It is ideally suited to sample preparation of tissues for extraction of nucleic acids (DNA/RNA) and proteins and the analysis of pesticides residues.
Typical Sample Types
Typical samples include:
- Plant and Animal Tissues
- Cell Cultures
- RNA/DNA Extraction
- Protein extraction
- Automated mechanical disruption ideal for applications involving sample preparation for DNA, RNA, and protein extractions, pesticide residue analysis, and more.
- Window in lid for observing the grinding operation
- Safety interlock that stops the grinding process if the lid is opened while running
- Easy-to-use clamp secures samples during shaking
- Typical clamp capacity is two titer plates or 48 x 2 mL vials or 48 x 5 mL vials when stacked.
- Simple to use LCD interface with digital timer shows run time in minutes:seconds
- Rate and timer controls allow you to precisely control the grinding program
- Start and stop buttons for manual control or interruption of grinding
- Strong vertical clamp movement of 500-1500 strokes/minute ensures that grinding media directly impact the sample each and every time.
- Typical sample processing time of 1-3 minutes.
|Timer/Controls||Digital display in Minutes:Seconds (max 10:00)|
|Clamp Movement||3.2cm (1.25in) vertical|
|Clamp Speed||Adjustable from 500-1500 strokes/minute|
|Dimensions||28.6cm (11.25in) wide x 43.2cm (17.0in) deep x 54.6cm (21.5in) high|
|Weight (lbs)||22kg (40lb)|