Dual Mixer/Mill® 8000D – High Energy Ball Mill
The newly redesigned SPEX Dual Mixer/Mill 8000D is a high energy ball mill with dual clamps that accommodates sample sizes ranging from 0.2 – 10 grams. Ideal for grinding dry, brittle samples, mechanical alloying, slurry grinding, blending powders, and mixing emulsions.
The new design provides a more robust housing that ensured longevity and reliability. The new control panel also facilitates simple operation.
Other features that make it suitable for use in your lab include, increased sound-proofing for reduces noise and while vibration damping makes the Mixer Mill suitable for benchtop operation.
Typical samples that can be processed using the Spex Dual Mixer Mill 8000D/High energy ball mill include:
- Catalyst Supports
- Plant and animal tissues
- Accepts all SPEX SamplePrep Mixer Mill(R) Grinding and Mixing Vial Sets.
- Also called a shaker mill or high-energy ball mill.
- Dual clamps enable multiple sample processing for high-throughput applications.
- Efficient two-clamp laboratory mill commonly referred to as the “SPEX Mill”.
- Equipped with forced-air cooling and safety interlock system for operator protection.
- Standard running times up to 100 minutes. Optional run time chip for cycles up to 175 hours
- For efficiency, clamps are run in balance with the same vial and load in each clamp
- For grinding multiple samples in the 0.2 – 10 gram range or mixing up to 60 mL of multiple sample per clamp.
- Reduces samples to analytical fineness and can be utilised for mechanical alloying and nanomilling.
- Shock mounted motor enables bench top operation.
- Steel housing protects the clamp mechanism and rugged construction ensures a long life of heavy work
- The 8010 and 8011 Multiple-Sample Adapters permit processing of multiple smaller samples.
- Wide selection of grinding and mixing vials available including hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, zirconia ceramic, silicon nitride, agate, polystyrene, methacrylate, polystyrene, and polycarbonate.
A range of vial types and sizes are available to suit your specific application.
|Clamp Movement||2 1/3 in (5.9cm) back-and-forth, 1 in (2.5cm) side-to-side|
|Clamp Speed||875 cycles/minute (230V)|
|Timer/Controls||Start and stop buttons, programmable 100-minute timer with digital display|
|Dimensions||22 in (56cm) x 15.25 in (39cm) x 11 in (28cm)|
|Net Weight (lbs)||68 lbs (31kg)|
|Gross Weight (lbs)||92 lbs (41.7kg)|
|Motor||1/3 hp, 1725 RPM @ 60Hz, 1425 RPM @ 50Hz|