Primini Biofuel – Phosphorus Analysis of Biodiesel
Rigaku’s Primini Biofuel is suitable for phosphorus analysis in biodiesel for EN14214 and ASTM D6751. It is optimized for sub-ppm detection limits of P, S and Cl and features easy operation without chemical treatment of the samples. Easy sample preparation and operation reduces the need for a highly skilled operator. A helium atmosphere is maintained in the spectroscopic chamber and sealing film separates the sample chamber from the spectroscopic chamber, protecting the X-ray tube and the spectrometer in the event of a spilled oil sample.
Analyze Elemental Biodiesel Impurities with One Instrument
Phosphorus in biodiesel, which comes from lipids in the fuel, is harmful to diesel engines, so control of phosphorus content is crucial. Sulfur content in the raw material is very low, which means that the content of sulfur in biodiesel is also very low. However, since the sulfur contents in regular gasoline is regulated for environmental reasons, the content of sulfur in biodiesel oil is regulated as well.
- Optimized for rapid sub-ppm analysis of P, S and Cl in any hydrocarbon fuel
- Compliant with ASTM D2622 and ASTM D6334 for analysis of S in petroleum product
- Compliant with ASTM D6751 and EN14214 for determination of P in biodiesel
- High-resolution, sequential wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometer
- Easy routine operation requires little operator skill, no chemicals and minimal supplies
|X-ray path:||Helium path|
|X-ray tube:||Pd target (50 W)|
|Detector:||Sealed type proportional counter|
|Sample changer:||6 sample position turret|
|Detection limit (LLD):||P < 0.3 ppm
S < 0.3 ppm
Cl < 0.4 ppm