NANOEDUCATOR II – Atomic Force Microscope AFM
The NANOEDUCATOR II from NT-MDT is a complete easy-to-use system suited to both scientific research and nanotechnology education. It was released in 2011 and was a winner of the 49th Annual R&D 100 Award. It is an educational AFM that comes at an affordable price, ideally suited to teaching nanotechnology.
The system includes:
- Scanning Probe Microscope (SPM): Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)/Scanning Tunnelling Microscope (STM)
- Digital controller
- Electrochemical etch station for probe production
- Compact design
- Newly designed digital controller produces improved scan results with higher efficiency
- Low noise closed loop scanner (100x100x10µm)
- Atomic resolution imaging
- Easy adjustments
- 2D and 3D image processing
- Robust design
- Remote operation via internet
- Data can be shared to your iPhone and iPad
- Suited to Mac OS and Windows PC operating systems
- Tip preparation kit included
The NANOEDUCATOR II has been designed with nanotechnology education as one of its primary applications. It aims to put the instrument in the hands of the student so that they can experience nanoanalysis first hand and learn interactively.
With novice users in mind, the system is simple to use, robust and foolproof. It enables student to investigate nanomaterials, nanostructures, lithography and nanomanipulation and experience the complete workflow from making a tungsten wire probe, to inserting the probe into the probe holder, inserting the sample, to approaching the sample with the probe.
|Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)||Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy (STM)|
|Topography imaging||Constant current|
|Phase imaging||Constant height|
|Force shaping||V(Z) spectroscopy|
|Force spectroscopy||I(V) spectroscopy|