Katanax – Electric Fusion Machines
Katanax has established itself as the leader in electrical fusion equipment. The fusion technique is suited to preparation of inorganic samples for x-ray fluorescence (XRF), inductively coupled plasma (ICP), atomic absorption (AA) or any traditional wet chemistry method. Typical sample types include:
The fusion process produces homogeneous glass beads suites to XRF analysis or an acid solution for other analytical methods. Compared to other techniques, fusion beads do not produce samples that may suffer from preferential orientation or concentration effects that may be influenced by composition, grain size or morphology.
Advantages of Katanax Fluxers
The Katanax K2 and K1 Prime and the X-600 fluxers combine exceptional fusion accuracy with all the advantages of electric power:
- Safety – no gases used
- Controlled heating
- Energy efficiency
- Convenience – only a 240-volt connection required
- Ease of installation – just like adding any other lab furnace
Katanax offer four models:
- The K1 Prime has a throughput of 5 to 7 samples/hour and is a single position electric system.
- The K2 Prime has a throughput of 24 to 30 samples/hour, or even more with optional high throughput option.
- The X-600 with its rugged industrial design can process 6 samples at once and up to 30 samples per hour.
- The X-300 benefits from the same rugged industrial design as the X-600 and can be set up to process 1, 2 or 3 samples simultaneously.