2015 Australasian Biospecimen Network Association Conference – ABNA
AXT are proud to to be a silver sponsor at the 2015 Australasian Biospecimen Network Association Conference.
The title of the 2015 Australasian Biospecimen Network Association annual meeting is “Sustainable Biobanking in the Face of Change”. This reflects the changing needs of Australian, and indeed international, biobanks with respect to financial, operational and social sustainability. The conference will also explore reasons for these changes, and possible solutions.
It is recognised that national and state-based funding schemes have changed over the past ten years, along with other funding sources for biobanks including hosting medical research institutions, universities, hospitals, and private donors. These sources are requiring increasing justification from biobanks before allocation of funds.
The conference program features speakers who will:
- Investigate methods to continue and improve on current biobanking activities
- Improve and present on economic efficiencies and models
- Present proven change management strategies
- Seek ways to harmonise and innovate aspects of biobanking
Date: October 26 – 27, 2015
Venue: Crown Plaza, Coogee, Sydney
AXT at 2015 ABNA Conference
At the 2015 ABNA conference, AXT will be representing:
- OpenSpecimen – This is a revolutionary biobanking informatics software solution. It is a complete solution for biospecimen tracking from collection to utilisation.
- TTP Labtech – Offer compact, high capacity, automated and modular specimen storage solutions for biobanks. These can be fully integrated with specimen transport systems enabling remote location of the biostorage components, while at the same time providing easy and fast access to thousands of specimens.
If you have any hardware of software related biobanking requirements, please feel free to stop by the AXT stand at ABNA and we will be more than happy to help you out. We will also be running demonstrations of the OpenSpecimen software platform.
AXT, Krishagni Solutions (the developers of OpenSpecimen) and the Lowy Biorepository will be hosting an OpenSpecimen Workshop on October 28, immediately following the conference. The workshop is designed for existing users and those looking for a biobanking informatics software solution.